Tuesday, January 10, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!



Okay, it's a little late to have a "Happy New Year" blog... but that's kind-of the theme. See... I've been doing a miserable job of keeping this blog afloat. It's been almost two weeks since I've posted, and I need to get back to a weekly.

So, where do I begin? Well, I've weighed in ad-nausium about the DC reboot, and DC's big movie this year--Green Lantern--wasn't much to write home about. But the game? Well, I did manage to get a copy of Arkham City, so here's a shot of Batman and Robin in the game. Yeah. Robin's a downloadable character if you have X-Box live. I don't have a wireless adapter and can't hook it up to a modem, so I'm a bit SOL. Then again, how much time am I gonna have to play anything? Yeah, it doesn't really matter. My mom got me the collectors' edition of the game for Christmas, which came with a maquette and a booklet with concept art. I love my mom. I also got Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3, but that was nothing to write home about.

BTW: if you're reading this, Cousin Tim... I challenge thee.

Anyway... I don't really have any Marvel-related art, even though they've got two huge movies coming up and, no doubt, some huge comic events. I wasn't a fan of the reboot of Ultimate Spider-Man. I don't have anything against the new Spider-Man, but for ALL the hype they put into it, the first issue doesn't have the @#$% courtesy to let us see him in action. The issue ends with Miles noticing he has a power that makes him turn invisible. Damnit! The first appearance of the regular Spider-Man, way back in 1962 was only 15-pages, and we got a complete story. Peter's a nerd who gets bitten by a radioactive spider and gains spider powers, he tries to make it in showbiz and gets cocky until he finds out his uncle was killed, then goes after the burgler only to discover that he could have stopped the killer who was committing a robbery during one of his shows. This is at-least 22 pages and it's paced so deliberately that nothing @#$% happens! I know they're writing for the trade. I accept that. But I do expect something to happen when something is hyped that much!


Anyway, something I'm thinking of adding to my blog is music sketches. I had a lot of fun doing my Led Zeppelin sketch on 11/11/11 (which was not only National Metal Day, but also mere days after the 40th Anniversary of the fourth album) and I felt like doing more music-themed sketches. I also did a Michael Jackson sketch around the same time. I think the idea of listen to a popular album, and do a sketch of the artist around the same period sounds fun, and who better to start with than the King of Rock n' Roll himself? Sunday being the Big E's would-be birthday, I did a sketch of him while listening to his 2nd album.

Finally, here's a flyer I drew for my friends' band. They're playing at the Moose Lodge on the 28th, so check 'em out.

No comments:

Post a Comment