Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Inked page and sketch

Welp, ladies and gentlemen, I'm getting closer to my goal. To your left, you will see an inked page from my current project and I'm now on the coloring stage. In theory, coloring is the easiest part of doing a comic book, but in practice? Sitting in front of your computer all day can cause some mondo eye strain.

Anyway, I already posted the penciled version of this page and hopefully by next week, pp. 2-7 will be included in a PDF that'll be distributed online along with some other comics. I'll let y'awl know how that turns out.






Tomorrow night, my parents are taking me to see Cirque du Soleil's Michael Jackson: Immortal World Tour. I know I already posted a sketch of him last year, but why not another one in honor of the show? Besides, last week I did the King of Rock & Roll, why not the King of Pop? Maybe next week, I'll do the Prince of Darkness. Hope MJ didn't have a pet bat.

BTW: I colored the jacket with a black crayon hoping it would give it a cool texture. It didn't, so I also colored his face with a crayon. That didn't come out well when I scanned it, so I just fooled around with some filters before I got an effect I liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment