Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Cover


With only ten minutes left for this to count as something I'm posting on Tuesday, this is the unlettered version of the cover of my minicomic. Oh, I might touch up a few things here and there, but this is it.

This is kind-of a nod to a strange fact I learned: when the first Batman movie with Michael Keaton was being promoted, a lot of people mistook the logo for an open mouth. How? I'm not really sure. I mean, you'd think most people had already seen it anyway, but then, in the old Adam West series, the image of the bat itself looked far different, thus, did not have the same negative space.

Anyway, I believe I'll have this baby available by the weekend after next, but I'm still not quiiite ready to start tooting my own horn on it.

In other news, I'm not gonna talk about politics this week, but I will say this: some people wait until there's an issue they're really passionate about to say, "write to your member of Congress." I say, if there's a stray thought that pops into your head, write to your House Rep, and your Senators, not to mention the President, your Governor, your State Reps and State Senators, and if possible, some judges. No matter what laws they pass, rulings they make, or orders they give, they work for you.

Also, over the past few weeks, I've been doing some work as a contributor to a website called http://artdebutant-sf.com/ I've been kind-of lax about not promoting it as much as I should, so I hope everyone takes a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment